Saturday, September 18, 2010

M at Miranova

We chose M to spend our dinner to celebrate our first church wedding anniversary.  We had a great time during our first time here and since then it became one of favorite restaurants for special occasions.


It was a sunny Saturday afternoon.  Might as well enjoy every chance we get till its gone.  So, I passed the beautiful decorations and sheer fabric that were hanging inside the restaurant and chose to be seated outside.  The view outside was not bad at all.  We were seated on the side where we can see a view of the river and the bridge.     

The half bottle Merlot from Napa Vallley ($45) that we had was great.  It was not heavy or strong but still full of flavor.  Just like the way we wanted.  


  
We skipped appetizers this time.   After having a few discussions with my hubby on what to try, I ordered the Chilean Sea Bass with shrimp dumplings, water chestnuts and thai broth ($34) and 10 oz filet mignon for him ($37).  He also got lobster mashed potatoes ($14) on the side. 


Once again, M didnt disappoint us.  The sea bass was indeed an excellent choice as what our server had said after I told him my order.  It was so fresh like it was just caught.  It was soft yet its chewable like its a chicken and it's full of flavor (describe flavor).  I loved its color too and the size was just enough.  Though I wasn't so much impressed with the shrimp dumplings.  I actually think it didn't go well with the fish.  But overall, I'm so pleased.  The filet mignon was a winner too.   They are consistent with what my hubby had before.  Their plate is a work of art too.  And did i mention the mashed potatoes?   They were fantastic! The Maine lobster sure did give that extra flavor to the yukon gold mashed potatoes.


The service was also great.  He mentioned us the specials.  Though we were only the people outside, the servers didn't forget to refill our glasses and ask if we needed anything.  He handed the dessert menu.  Though we're already stuffed, we couldn't resist to try a moscato dessert wine ($5 / glass) which was fabulously sweet!

I'm really glad that we celebrated our first year anniversary here.  I don't mind going back here every year to celebrate and try their other dishes.  Probably, on the next restaurant week again and do a full circle :).

M at Miranova on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment